First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
Mission Outreach Coordinator
Temporary Assignment: September 2017 to January 31, 2018
Non-Exempt, 30 hours/week (may increase to 40 for special events), No Benefits
Priority deadline to apply: September 8, open until filled
Position Title: Mission Outreach Coordinator (Temporary Assignment)
Job Summary: Coordinate programs and events for the Missional Engagement Department. Contribute to and support the vision for Mission set forth by the Bridge Pastor for Mission, Mission Elders, JPOW (Justice, Poverty,
Oppression and Women) leadership team, and pastoral team.
• Growing and deepening faith in Jesus Christ.
• 3-4 years of administrative experience.
• Ability to track the progress of multiple projects and prioritize as needed.
• Attention to detail and follow through.
• Strong communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with others in a relaxed and gracious manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in a sensitive and professional manner.
• Ability to be proactive in requesting information and following up on projects.
• Familiarity with basic bookkeeping and financial statements.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, Internet
Explorer, Page Maker/Publisher/Adobe Creative Suite, document scanning applications, digital
cameras and downloading applications. Familiarity with databases; knowledge of Shelby
Systems highly desirable. Eagerness and ability to learn new software.
Reports to: Bridge Pastor for Mission
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the right of First Presbyterian Church leadership to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
FOR JOB DESCRIPTION: 2017 Coordinator Mission Outreach (Temporary)