Partnership Working Group – Nov. 2011
- Rev. George Gilchrist, Interim/Transitional Pastor, Park Boulevard Pres., Oakland, Chairperson, email@example.com
- Karen Thistlelthwaite, Director of Education, St. Johns Pres., Berkeley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Campbell, elder at Old First Pres., email@example.com
- Rev. Paul Waltermulder, Pastor at 1st Pres., Burlingame, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Jake Kim, liaison to the Alpha Course, email@example.com
- Rev. Daniel Beteta, Pastor of Latinos Unidos en Cristos, San Mateo and liaison to Latino congregations, RevDanielBeteta@aol.com
- Jenny Kim, member of Park Boulevard Pres., Oakland and liaison to Korean churches in SF Presbytery, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackie Kwan, Christ United, Japantown; Liaison to Asian churches in SF Pres., email@example.com
- Kate Freeman, candidate for ordination, member at Centerpointe, Pleasanton,
A November 2011 up-date of developments with
Partnership Working Group
√ Our Vision is to…
- Help the churches of our Presbytery partner with one another around similar mission causes to be more effective in sharing the Good News of God’s love locally and around the world.
- Encourage and facilitate mission partnerships among the churches of our Presbytery.
√ Our Strategies
- Complete e-mail, phone and face-to-face contacts with the pastors and mission leaders of our Presbytery.
- Engage in face-to-face conversations with local church leadership about how our Partnership Working Group can be helpful.
- Support and help promote up-coming mission activities of the churches of the Presbytery.
- Engage with and approve applications for funding for Peacemaking, Joining Hands against Hunger and the Hunger Fund.
√ As we move to the winter of 2011/2012, we are promoting the following mission focal points in our Presbytery…
®“Perspectives on the World Christian Movement.” The series on missions will occur every Tuesday night beginning January to May, 2012 at Park Boulevard Pres., Oakland
® “Christmas Connections” whereby we are invited to partner during this Christmas season with one of the four Latino congregations of our Presbytery.
- CONCORD- Mission Hispana Presbiteriana NCD; 2140 Minert Road; Concord, 94518; Phone: (925) 682-8254; Enicia Montalvo, Pastor
- OAKLAND-Primera Iglesia Presbiteriana Hispana, 1941 High Street; Oakland, 94601 – Phone: (510) 533-4321; Rev. Pablo Morataya-Gomez, Pastor
- SAN FRANCISCO-IGLESIA; 3261 23rd Street; San Francisco CA 94110 Phone: (415) 647-8295; Rev. Carmen Rosales, Pastor
- SAN MATEO- Latinos Unidos en Cristos; 194 West 25th Avenue; San Mateo CA 94403; Phone: (650) 372-2716; Rev. Daniel Beteta, Pastor
√ Focal points moving forward – our connections with local churches. We will…
- Continue conversations (e-mail, phone, face-to-face) with churches of the Presbytery about their mission priorities and how partnerships could be helpful.
- Choose a set of churches with whom we have a relationship or which are geographically close in order to deepen the conversation about missions and partnerships in the local church.
- Invite Partnership members who have connections with the various Ethnic Churches of our Presbytery.
- Seek folks in our Working Group from the geographical clusters of our Presbytery, as they are more likely to “know the heart and soul of our churches.”
- Maximize our “relational network” as we connect with the leadership of the 76 churches of our Presbytery.
- Urge churches of the Presbytery to list www.presbyteryofsf.org on their web-site.