Meeting Date: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Registration: Opens at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Presbytery of San Francisco Office
545 Ashbury Avenue, El Cerrito, CA 94530
The Presbytery of San Francisco next meets on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at the
Presbytery of San Francisco Office in El Cerrito.
In this meeting, we will be commissioning commissioners to General Assembly, acting on proposed new Standing Rules, completing allocation of Hillside assets, and enjoy food prepared by the churches that support our program here at the presbytery. Presbytery Meetings Group will introduce proposal for new way of making Regional Groups more functional.
Business this meeting includes:
- Final action on commitments from sale of Hillside property
- Final reading and action on proposed revision to Standing Rules to increase flexibility, make the Standing Rules consistent with existing structure and changes to Book of Order, and to reduce required number of members on committees
- Celebrate commissioning of Commissioners to General Assembly.
- Report from FPOC on proposed Agreement with Covenant Presbyterian, San Francisco.
We will once again offer simultaneous translation of the meeting for those for whom English is not their primary language.
Our offering will go for Presbytery Deacon’s Fund for pastors needing emergency assistance.
September Meeting will be September 11th at St. John’s, San Francisco
November Meeting will be November 13th at Lakeside, San Francisco
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Presbytery Meetings Working Group
Mission & Vision Leadership
Presbytery of San Francisco
PACKET NAVIGATION: To read any document, click on the underlined link (Requires Adobe Reader Version 8 or higher.) To get back to this screen, use your BACK button.
Please READ all of the documents and PRINT the ones that you want to bring to the meeting. If you decide to travel light, be sure to bring a printed or downloaded copy of the DETAILED DOCKET (English version).
GUIDE FOR COMMISSIONERS AND VISITORS -Everything you ever wanted to know about presbytery meetings.
CALL TO THE MEETING includes brief docket with directions to the church and parking information.
DETAILED DOCKET (with hyperlinks to report sections)
OPEN SPACE OPTIONS
- The Defusing Hatred Program– (Sanctuary) Will McGarvey
- Helping Refugees Today– (Music Room) Karen Ferguson, (IRC)
- Board of Pension’s “Pathways to Renewal” Program– (Classroom 1) Mark Frey, Church Consultant
- Revised Standing Rules– (Classroom 2) Keith Geckeler, Stated Clerk
- The Art of Tai Chi- (Fellowship Hall) Brian Cochran
- Reading Session Records– (Conference Room) BOSR Committee members
Link to June 2018- CONSOLIDATED PACKET (with hyperlinks) – Detailed Docket and Reports (DOCKETED Motions, CONSENT Docket Motions, OMNIBUS Motions)