April 14 ~ First Presbyterian Church, Burlingame
June 9 ~ Lafayette-Orinda, Lafayette
September 8 ~ Calvary Presbyterian Church, San Francisco
November 10 ~ First Presbyterian, Oakland
This is the general flow for presbytery meeting planning:
- 4 weeks ahead – deadline for docket requests, AV plans, display table requests, Open Space topics and space for any other meeting. Requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and need to include speakers/leaders and a brief description of topics/plans. These are vetted by the Presbytery Meetings Working Group.
- 3 weeks ahead – deadline for print ready material for the packet. Documents should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Please submit a WORD file so that the Stated Clerk may add report titles and page numbers and may tidy up formatting. Note that the bulk of the packet content is determined by committee leadership and those who submit the reports, not by the Clerk or other Presbytery staff.
- A site visit is made to the host church sometime during the week of packet production to set room assignments and coordinate all plans. All requests regarding meeting logistics should be submitted to the presbytery office as the Stated Clerk holds overall responsibility for the meeting. These also should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; the Stated Clerk will automatically get a copy of the note.
- 10 days ahead – A “Call to the Meeting” is sent by email and the packet is posted on the presbytery website: www.presbyteryofsf.org. To be sure you are on the email list, contact Dvorah at email@example.com. The packet includes a Detailed Docket which each presbytery commissioner should print, reports to be read prior to attending, and lots of other info that may be helpful in preparation and follow-up.
- Here are the specific deadlines for our April meeting:
- Docket deadline is noon on Monday, March 16. Packet deadline is noon on Tuesday, March 24. A Call to the Meeting will be sent and the packet posted on Easter Monday, April 6 (a bit later than usual due to Good Friday holiday)..