Calvary Presbyterian Church in San Francisco is looking for a part-time Christian Educator for middle school and high school youth, grades 6th through 12th. In this position, the Christian Educator will work closely with the Associate Pastor for Community Formation (AP) to develop and implement programs and build relationships with the youth of our community.
On Sundays, they will welcome and greet youth and adult volunteers to worship, lead middle school and high school Sunday School programs with the help of volunteers, and occasionally help teach confirmation class. They will help plan and lead opportunities for service and fellowship beyond Sunday morning and help coordinate and lead a short-term summer mission trip.
Qualifications for this position include the ability to actively engage students through teaching and conversation; the ability to engage with families, parents, and volunteers; excellent communication and relational skills; and strong organizational skills to plan and calendar out youth programs in advance.
Calvary Presbyterian Church is a progressive and vibrant congregation in an urban environment with convenient bus access (2515 Fillmore St, SF). This position is for 10 hours a week with an hourly rate of $35 per hour. There are no benefits offered except for sick leave. For the health and safety of our congregation and unvaccinated infants, we require proof of vaccination.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES (PARTIAL):
- Presence and occasional leadership for Confirmation Class
- Worship with youth in the balcony during Sunday morning worship
- Attend staff meetings on Tuesdays at 2:30pm
- Attend and Lead youth service and fellowship opportunities
- Attend and lead the Youth Mission Trip (usually the 3rd week of July
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Energy, love, and compassion for young people
- Ability to lead and implement curriculum for youth
- An engaging and welcoming attitude
- A basic understanding of reformed faith and theology
- Strong organizational skills, particularly to plan and calendar ahead
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn the planning software of the organization (Asana, Planning Center, Arena, Google Docs & Sheets, etc.)
For a full job description, please download this PDF.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to . Only emails with PDF attachments and covers letters will be considered.