Calvary Presbyterian Church in San Francisco is looking for a part-time Christian Educator for middle school and high school youth, grades 6th through 12th. In this position, the Christian Educator will work closely with the Associate Pastor for Community Formation (AP) to develop and implement programs and build relationships with the youth of our community. This position is for 10 hours a week with an hourly rate of $35 per hour. There are no benefits offered except for sick leave. For the health and safety of our congregation and unvaccinated infants, we require proof of vaccination.
A partial list of responsibilities include:
- Sunday Mornings – Presence and occasional leadership for Confirmation Class
- Sunday Mornings – Greet and Welcome adult volunteers and youth to worship
- Tuesday Afternoons* – Record & upload data on attendance and other youth records
- Tuesday Afternoons* -Attend staff meetings on Tuesdays at 2:30pm
- Flex Day (3 hours/week) – Attend and Lead youth service and fellowship opportunities
*Tuesday Afternoons Preferred, but Time and Day Negotiable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, and Qualifications include:
- Energy, love, and compassion for young people
- Ability to lead and implement curriculum for youth
- An engaging and welcoming attitude
- A basic understanding of reformed faith and theology
- Strong organizational skills, particularly to plan and calendar ahead
For a full list of responsibilities and qualifications, please download this PDF.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emails with PDF attachments and covers letters will be considered.