First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley is seeking qualified candidates for a paid internship designed to offer hands-on experience for a person who is interested in furthering his or her understanding of how to plan, organize, implement, and oversee summer ministry programming for children.
During the course of the summer internship, the CFM summer intern will be trained and mentored by the Director of Children’s and Family Ministries. While the intern will be expected to carry out the responsibilities of the internship detailed below, the intern can also expect to receive training and mentoring in the following areas:
- Relationship with God and with people in ministry
- Relationship with the church as an organization
- Development of a sustainable philosophy of ministry
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Assistance for All Church Conference (on Memorial Day Weekend), Sunday Ministry, and Vacation Bible School (July 27-31).
Desired Skill Set includes: Experience working and/or volunteering with young children; service orientation with a passion for children and families; excellent written and oral communication skills; competence with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- 18-25 hours per week, May 22 to mid-August 2020 (exact dates negotiable; particularly if contingent on college schedule). 25 hours/week during VBS training and VBS. 15-20 per week during the other weeks of the internship period
- Sunday duties to be determined with Director
- Occasional pre-arranged hours for meetings, trainings, childcare events, or event preparation
Visit www.fpcberkeley.org/employment.asp for the application form and return completed application form with cover letter and resume to Bonnie Rauscher, Human Resources Manager at or mail to Bonnie Rauscher
First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
2407 Dana Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
Priority Deadline: May 1, 2020. Open until filled.
Please Note: a final offer of employment will be made only upon the successful completion of a background check.
For more information, including full responsibilities and requirements, Please download this PDF.