First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley is looking for qualified candidates as hospitality coordinator. This position will identify and generate new facilities rental clients, service existing facility rental clients from initial inquiry to on-site rental supervision and post-rental follow-up. Receive, welcome, and coordinate with all those entering the First Pres campus from vendors and facilities rental clients to members and visitors. This position reports to the Director of Facilities and is non-exempt at 30 hours a week with benefits.
Responsibilities and activities (include but are not limited to):
- Generate facilities rental income from external groups. Seek new renters, handle inquiries, manage relationships, usage needs, and coordinate with Facilities Director for on-site event support.
- Oversee room reservation system (FMX) for internal and external users to manage room usage for
ministries and facilities rental for classes/conferences, concerts, memorials, weddings, other events, including resolving schedule conflicts.
- Manage Reception desk and phones to welcome congregants and guests, including training
- Provide administrative support to Facilities Director for expense reports, etc.
Minimum Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- 1-3 experience working in property management, facilities, or customer service.
- Strong communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with and relate to the diverse First Presbyterian community.
- Proficient knowledge of needed software programs and web-based applications, which include: MS Office 365, Google Drive, and Google Docs, and familiarity with using database programs.
For a full description of the job position, please download the following PDF.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Sharon Gowdy, Executive & HR Coordinator at .