First Presbyterian Church of Hayward is currently looking for qualified candidates for a Youth Ministry Lead. This position pays $20.00 per hour and is considered part-time non-exempt employment, with a maximum of 15 hours per week.
· Lead and coordinate, in partnership with the Director of Children and Family Ministries all High School ministries, including but not limited to: Summer Camp, Weekly Meetings, Sunday Worship, Leader Training, etc.
· Attend all Youth Nights and Sunday Services.
· Build mentoring and discipling relationships with students.
· Coordinate with current and develop new volunteers to strengthen the High School Ministry.
· Contribute and collaborate with other staff who are part of Children and Family Ministries.
· Communicate regularly with students and parents.
· Maintain a regular social media presence on FPCH Youth accounts (including but not limited to Instagram and Slack)
· Work with various ministry teams and departments as available to help grow their existing work.
· Participate in FPCH staff meetings and events.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Be committed to following Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
· Be familiar with the worshipping life of a church congregation.
· Aspire to create a sacred space where children/youth/families can learn, grow, and thrive in a safe and inclusive environment because each is a beloved child of God;
· Welcome and celebrate diverse identities and experiences, striving to facilitate an equitable and safe experience for participants of all gender identities or expressions, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religious or non-religious backgrounds, abilities or disabilities, and family compositions;
· Previous work experience with youth, or ability to articulate a personal philosophy for the learning, growth, and nurture of youth.
· Ability to work collaboratively on a team, with adults, youth, and children.
· Familiarity with Google Drive and corresponding applications.
The responsibilities of this position are to be conducted under supervision of the Director of Children and Family Ministries, and in cooperation with the relevant other staff and committees of Session. The supervisor along with the Pastor Community Life and Lead Pastor will provide oversight and guidance and will conduct annual and as-needed reviews as to job performance. This position is subject to the terms and conditions of the most current Personnel Policies and Practices Manual.
Any person assuming this position will have read and agreed to be subject to the terms and conditions of (1) the Presbytery Guidelines regarding Sexual Misconduct, (2) the Staff Covenant, (3) the Personnel Policies and Practices Manual of the First Presbyterian Church of Hayward, (4) Session’s Leadership Expectations, and (5) an understanding that “Any employment agreement will depend upon a satisfactory background check and a satisfactory explanation of irregularities. The background check may include but is not limited to clearances by a background search agency to review for criminal records, education verification, Social Security trace, license or credential verification, previous employment verification, previous credit, DMV, etc.”
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit at a desk, use a computer and phone, as well as work on various administrative tasks. Repetitious use of hands, and vision and hearing is required.
As this role pertains to youth, it should be expected that the ability to stand for long periods of time, lifting, bending, running, and flexibility may be required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is considered part-time non-exempt employment, with a maximum of 15 hours per week. Vacation, sick leave and other terms of employment shall be as provided per the Personnel Policies and Practices Manual of Session.
This position will be expected to work hours on Sundays and Christian holidays, including Christmas Eve and Easter.
This position is one of employment “at will”, which may be terminated by either the employee or employer at any time with or without cause.
· Work with youth: 1 year (Preferred)
· Google Drive: 1 year (Preferred)
· First Aid Certification (Preferred)
· CPR Certification (Preferred)
· Drivers License (Preferred)