Grace Presbyterian Church is seeking qualified candidates for their part-time Music Director and Organist position. The position averages 15 hours a week and salary is commensurate with experience.
1. Select and prepare appropriate music and play organ and/or piano at Sunday
2. Select appropriate music, prepare and conduct the adult choral choir.
3. Select appropriate music, prepare and conduct the adult Bell Choir, if no volunteer
conductor is available.
4. Prepare and play for special services such as Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday,
Christmas Eve, and others as requested by the pastor as schedule permits.
5. Prepare and play for memorial services and weddings as schedule permits. Fees will
6. Arrange for special music when the choirs are not engaged and arrange for a
substitute organist/pianist when unable to be present. Rehearse and accompany
special music, as needed.
7. Oversee maintenance of the organ and pianos, and of the music/choral library.
8. Meet with the Worship and Education team as needed.
9. Meet routinely with the pastor to plan the worship services and other musical events
that may be part of the music ministry.
● Proficiency in organ and piano performance, as accompanist and soloist
● Expertise in choral conducting, performance, and congregational worship
● Strong knowledge of sacred music and hymns
To apply, please a resume or CV and a letter of introduction including brief philosophy of
church music to .