Lakeside Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) seeks a part-time secretary (approx. 4 hours daily; 20 hours weekly). Qualified candidates will demonstrate their active Christian faith, exhibiting the Fruits of the Spirit, while demonstrating servant-leadership in the church. The secretary works closely with the pastor and other staff, volunteers, church members and visitors, as well as the general public including contractors, tenants, and renters. The secretary exhibits sound judgement and an awareness of church needs.
Desired qualifications include five (5) years secretarial experience; fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Publisher, as well as database software designed for churches; excellent written and oral communication skills; proficiency in social media apps and sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest); and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provision of secretarial assistance to the pastor;
• Maintenance of hardcopy and electronic records;
• Management of church office volunteer activities;
• Maintenance of the church calendar;
• Overseeing applications, contracts, and communications with renters;
• Preparation of church bulletins, youth activity packs, and the church newsletter; and
• Management of office supplies.
All applicants are subject to a Live Scan background check.
Please send your resume to . Please download the following PDF for all qualifications and duties.