Park Boulevard Presbyterian Church is looking for qualified candidates for a Sunday School Teacher. The Sunday School Teacher is a part-time position (2 hours per week) overseeing a Sunday School program for preschool and elementary aged children. The Sunday School teacher will maintain a safe and welcoming environment for children, modeling to them God’s love and care.
Qualified applicants will be at least 18 years old, have a love for children, prior experience in working with children, and a strong Christian faith. Associates or Bachelors studies in childhood education and First aid certification are preferred, but not required.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor and Discipleship Elder.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Arrive each morning at 9:30am to set up children’s ministry room. Ensure that all supplies and materials are prepared for that morning’s program.
- Prepare and implement a lesson plan each Sunday, maintaining a consistent routine and structure. Work in conjunction with Senior Pastor and Discipleship Elder on a curriculum scope and sequence.
- In conjunction with Discipleship Elder, coordinate volunteers and provide them leadership in Sunday morning program.
- Cleans the room at the end of each Sunday.
- Commitment to work all Sundays throughout the year, including holidays and summer months.
Sunday, 9:30 – 11:30
How to Apply:
(1) Send a cover letter, resume, and three references (1 professional, 1 personal, and 1 pastor/faith leader) to email@example.com. Please provide best form of contact for follow up.
(2) With the above documents, please answer the following questions:
(A) Briefly share your background, if any, with Christianity. Do you have any ties to a Christian church or other Christian organization?
(B) Please provide a brief description of your religious and spiritual beliefs.
For a full job description, please download the following PDF.