St. John’s Presbyterian Church of Berkeley is looking to hire a Director of Christian Education to facilitate the educational needs of the congregation and conduct outreach with the local community.
Responsibilities (Average 15 hours per week):
• Recruiting, training, and providing resources for church school teachers and youth leaders
• Assist in the integration of new young adult members and new member families with children;
• Organizing and supporting groups for undergraduate and graduate university students, for young adults, and for parents of young children and youth, including the young adult fellowship group;
• Attend St. John’s Sunday worship and participate regularly in planning and facilitating participation by children, youth, and young adults in the service, including Church pageants;
• Assist in the leadership of Camp Elmwood and all church retreats;
• Attend Church Commission meetings as appropriate;
• Creative communications and outreach to visitors and members.
Hours of work are flexible and will include a substantial percentage of time on weekends and evenings.
Reasonable compensation will be negotiated.
• Committed disciple of Jesus Christ;
• Comfortable and charismatic in worship leadership;
• A good people-person;
• Experience working with children and youth;
• Able to work approximately 15 hours per week averaged over one year;
• Interest in long-term employment with growth potential;
• Flexibility in work schedule for the occasional long weekend or week-long summer programs;
• Willingness to make St. John’s your family’s church home.
Send an email to , and
include your resume, three relevant references, and best time to call you.
Do not call or visit the office for more information.
If you’d like to check on who/what we are/do (but not to conduct business)
come to Worship, 10am, on Sundays, or visit our website, http://stjohnsberkeley.org.