St. John’s Presbyterian Church of Berkeley is seeking a Director of Christian Education to facilitate the educational needs of the congregation and conduct outreach with the local community.
• Average 15 hours per week.
• Recruiting, training, and providing resources for church school teachers and youth leaders
• Assist in the integration of new young adult members and new member families with children;
• Organizing and supporting groups for undergraduate and graduate university students, for young adults, and for parents of young children and youth, including the young adult fellowship group;
• Attend St. John’s Sunday worship and participate regularly in planning and facilitating participation by children, youth, and young adults in the service, including Church pageants;
• Assist in the leadership of Camp Elmwood and all church retreats;
• Attend Church Commission meetings as appropriate;
• Creative communications and outreach to visitors and members.
Hours of work are flexible and will include a substantial percentage of time on weekends and evenings.
• Committed disciple of Jesus Christ;
• Comfortable and charismatic in worship leadership;
• A good people-person;
• Experience working with children and youth;
• Able to work approximately 15 hours per week averaged over one year;
• Interest in long-term employment with growth potential;
• Flexibility in work schedule for the occasional long weekend or week-long summer programs;
• Willingness to make St. John’s your family’s church home.
Reasonable compensation will be negotiated.
Email with your cover letter, resume, contact information. Do not drop-in for a visits, and do not call to inquire about the position.