Meeting Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Registration: Opens at 2:30 p.m.
Location: Irvington Presbyterian Church in Fremont
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matt. 18:20 KJV
Greetings in the name of our resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
In the Spirit of the Living God we will Gather, Meet, Greet, and Move together to fulfill the purpose of this meeting where we contemplate and discern our theme: “Hearing Voices of People Long Silenced.” Everything that we have done in preparation for this first meeting of this new year and decade, everything we will consider and everything we will accomplish, confirms who we are. We continue to be guided by the Spirit for God’s people and give thanks for all our blessings.
Major items of business at this meeting includes the good things we are planning to accomplish:
- Discussing our Overtures to prepare our Commissioners for the 224th General Assembly in Baltimore, MD on June 20, 2020
- Taking another look at the proposal between PSF & OCC
- Approving new members for our Personnel WG so they can get to work
- Our offering will go for Presbytery Deacon’s Fund for pastors needing emergency assistance.
We look forward to this gathering in the presence of the Living God!
Presbytery Meetings Working Group
Mission & Vision Leadership
Presbytery of San Francisco
PACKET NAVIGATION: To read any document, click on the underlined link (Requires Adobe Reader Version 8 or higher.) To get back to this screen, use your BACK button.
Please READ all of the documents and PRINT the ones that you want to bring to the meeting. If you decide to travel light, be sure to bring a printed or downloaded copy of the DETAILED DOCKET.
WELCOME & GUIDE FOR COMMISSIONERS AND VISITORS -Everything you ever wanted to know about presbytery meetings.
CALL TO THE MEETING includes brief docket with directions to the church and parking information.
DETAILED DOCKET (with hyperlinks to report sections)
PRESBYTERY MEETING MINUTES (Password protected)
REPORT- SECTION I- DOCKETED MOTIONS
REPORT- SECTION II- CONSENT DOCKET MOTIONS (Password protected)
REPORT-SECTION III- OMNIBUS MOTIONS
ONLINE SURVEY FORM (link will be available @ 5pm on February 11th)
- Introduction to the Meeting–Especially for new commissioners, commissioners whose first language is not English, and/or commissioners with questions about today’s business. Recent co-mod Enicia and new co-mod Talitha will orient you to how the meeting is run. We will also break into language groups to further discuss today’s business.
- Songs for Lent: Rehearsing the Diversity of God’s Kingdom–This session equips leaders with worship resources for Lent and the knowledge to incorporate the voices of the historically marginalized in worship. Equipped with these resources, our local congregation will worship with the global Church, stand in solidarity with the marginalized, and rehearse the diversity and inclusion to be experienced in God’s coming kingdom. John Lyzenga is a worship designer, songwriter, and a candidate for ordination in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- San Francisco Theological Seminary, University of Redlands merger–Come talk with SFTS faculty and staff about the 2019 merger of the two institutions, and new possibilities for the seminary. Bring your questions, hopes, and dreams for the future of theological education in the Bay Area.
- Cameron House —The 72nd Annual Cameron House Carnival will be taking place on Saturday, May 2 and we need your help to bring this fantastic event to over 1,000 community members in San Francisco Chinatown. We are putting out the call for volunteers who can help run carnival game booths and food stalls. All proceeds will benefit Cameron House, a 146 year-old non-profit founded as a Presbyterian mission home for survivors of human trafficking. Today our work supports the Chinatown immigrant community with counseling, domestic violence support, and afterschool care. Learn more about Cameron House’s annual carnival and sign up to volunteer at www.cameronhouse.org/carnival.
- OCC/Fruitvale Proposal Conversation
- SESSION MINUTES REVIEW
FLYER- Central Region Meet-Up
Link to February 11, 2020- CONSOLIDATED PACKET (with hyperlinks) – Detailed Docket and Reports (DOCKETED Motions, CONSENT Docket Motions, OMNIBUS Motions) (Password protected)
If you need the password, please Email:
For questions or concerns regarding the Presbytery meeting information above, please email our Stated Clerk