Meeting Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Registration: Open until day of meeting
Location: ZOOM Meeting
PRESBYTERY OF SAN FRANCISCO
will meet ONLINE
Tuesday, November 15, 2022, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Your presence is requested to engage and participate in the Presbytery of San Francisco’s final meeting for 2022. As we continue to do the work we have been called to do, more work still needs to be done.
Important things to KNOW and DO in preparation for the meeting:
- REGISTER for the meeting. When you register, please indicate if you are a Minister or Commissioner for your church. This will allow you to vote. Visitors are welcome but are unable to vote.
- REVIEW all the documents in the packet IN ADVANCE of the meeting so you can be prepared.
- We will WORSHIP and have Communion Make sure you have your elements ready.
- We will provide real-time language interpretation for our members whose primary language is Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
We look forward to celebrating our accomplishments and overcoming the challenges of 2022 as we continue to do God’s work in the coming year.
And yes, the rumors are true.
I have decided to retire from working for others on February 28, 2023 and will begin to work for and on myself. My heart and soul have been nurtured by my four years being the Stated Clerk for the Presbytery of San Francisco. However, the time has come for me to work on renewing my mind by completing my doctoral dissertation. I will commit 100% to focus on my own well-being and the love of my family.
The time has come for me to adhere to Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Thank you for showing what it means to belong and be loved by this worshipping community.
Rochelle R. Shaw
Stated Clerk for the Presbytery of San Francisco
PACKET NAVIGATION: To read any document, click on the brown links (Requires Adobe Reader Version 8 or higher.) The link will then open the document in another web browser (tab).
Please READ all of the documents and PRINT the ones that you want to bring to the meeting. If you decide to travel light, be sure to bring a printed or downloaded copy of the DETAILED DOCKET.
Registration for Presbytery Zoom Meeting (You will receive a confirmation email of your registration, that will include the link to the meeting. Remember to save that email, as you will need it to participate in the Presbytery meeting; you will only need to register once)
How to Use ZOOM for our Presbytery meeting – VIDEO
OPEN SPACES- English
WEDNESDAY, November 9th
- 3:00-4:00 pm–PROJECT REGENERATION AND CHURCH SUSTAINABILITY (Tools and strategies for aligning and reconnecting to our call, today)
Presented by Maggie Harmon, Presbyterian Foundation
- 7:00-8:00 pm–GA 225 OVERTURES AND AMENDMENTS DISCUSSION. Presented by PSF GA Commissioners
THURSDAY, November 10th
- 6:00pm-7:00pm–PHASE 2 OF ALL GOD’S CHILDREN SCHOOL
Presented by Doug Schoonover and Jill Reinhold (From Delta Community Presbyterian Church)
- 7:30-8:30 pm–MEET THE CANDIDATE FOR THE EXECUTIVE PARTNER FOR OPERATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS Presented by the Personnel Working Group
WELCOME & GUIDE FOR COMMISSIONERS AND VISITORS -Everything you ever wanted to know about presbytery meetings.
MINUTES- August 2022 PRESBYTERY MEETING (Password protected)
REPORT- SECTION I- DOCKETED MOTIONS
REPORT- SECTION II- CONSENT DOCKET MOTIONS (Password protected)
REPORT-SECTION III- OMNIBUS REPORT
Link to Nov 15, 2022- CONSOLIDATED PACKET — Combined Detailed Docket and Reports (DOCKETED Motions, CONSENT Docket Motions, OMNIBUS Motions) (Password protected)
For questions or concerns regarding the Presbytery meeting information above, please email our Stated Clerk