Join us for Presbytery’s week of action with the theme of Shades of Oppression, Resistance, & Liberation.
The week and theme are crafted to bring attention and action to the plight of those suffering from differing forms of oppressive situations. The foci for the week will be:
- Monday – International
- Tuesday – Plight of Poverty
- Wednesday- LGBTQIA Resilience
- Thursday – Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women
- Friday – AAPI Hate
- Saturday – Black Lives Matter (in conjunction with Giving 828)
- Sunday – Gun Violence/Mass Shootings
The goal this year is to be even more inclusive of the wider denomination in the planning process as well as the implementation. Events will be both virtual and potentially in person. The Week of Action has at its core the idea of being a visible arm of justice in our communities around the denomination as we stand on the foundations of both Matthew 25 and the Hands & Feet Initiative.