This 5-week program takes a comprehensive look at how systemic oppressive, particularly racism is maintained by organizations. Together, we will build a shared understanding of systemic oppression.
- The historical development of institutional racism in the US and how it impacts society today.
- What is systemic racism? How does it operate institutionally and culturally in intersectional ways? How does it impact individual identity?
- What analytical frameworks are needed to intersectionality examine PSF’s culture and values.
- What are effective antiracist interventions? How can they facilitate the deepening of intersectional race equity within PSF.
- Dates: Five consecutive Mondays from 2 to 5 pm beginning Nov 7th. The program runs Nov 7 – Dec 5.
- Location: Online
- Registration Link: https://forms.gle/CCBShxn3auYNvkfcA
- Registration Deadline: October 29, 2022
- Class is limited to 30 participants
Why take this class?:
- To be in solidarity with Presbytery’s racism audit team
- The collective experience of antiracism training in a group setting will deepen your experience
- To reflect on antiracism work relative to yourself, your relationship to the Presbytery, and to this moment in history
- To experience both the power and accessibility of antiracism training from Crossroads’ trainer Jessica Vasques Torres
For more information, please contact Linda Spencer, , (510) 816-4747.