PSF Reopening Churches and Church Liability (July 5, 2020)
As we all consider limited reopening of our church campuses, for our own worship, for other users and especially for childcare centers, we want to bring to your attention several concerns that your Session must evaluate and strategize. Last week we sent you materials about generally accepted Covid use protocols (available on our website) and we promised follow-up information this week on insurance and liability information. Continued…
- Full July 5, 2020 Church and Liability Waiver Letter
- Liability Release for other Church Users
- Liability Release Teachers
- Liability Release Parents
- Article: “Will our Church get Sued for Re-Opening?”
- 2020 Coronavirus Coverage IB (disclaimer)
- COVID-19 Liability FAQ Insurance Board
- Re-Opening Worship from Shelter-in-Place Orders (June 25, 2020)
- Guideline for Returning to Church (May 21, 2020)
- PSF Letter of Response to New CA Guidelines Regarding Places of Worship (May 26, 2020)
- PSF is working to find ways to support our churches now and in the upcoming months. One immediate way is through grants:
• Emergency grant guidelines & application — PSF has established an emergency assistance fund for our churches financially affected by this pandemic. If your church needs this grant, please fill out the application and include financial information starting from January to the current month.
• Benevolence aid guidelines and form — The Presbytery has established Benevolence Aid for churches to help assist those in their congregation who may need financial support—food needs, rental assistance, etc.
• Letter of Financial Assistance to our Presbytery of SF Churches