Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. 2 I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
I came across this passage a few days ago while looking at pictures of empty San Francisco. One of the most iconic and busiest of streets in the world, the curvy Lombard Street, is now completely empty of cars and tourists. God calls Abram to the leave all that he has and go to a land that God will show him. Well, we still live in our particular places in the Bay Area, but it sure does not look the same Continued…
- For the Full PSF Guideline for Returning to Church, click here
- Download PSF Guideline English | Spanish
New guidelines and roadmaps for opening our houses of worship abound and changes each day. On Monday, May 25th, the California Department of Health announced its own guidance for reopening places of worship. It is filled with mandates and guidelines for the reopening of houses of worship when it becomes appropriate to do so Continued…
- PSF is working to find ways to support our churches now and in the upcoming months. One immediate way is through grants:
• Emergency grant guidelines & application — PSF has established an emergency assistance fund for our churches financially affected by this pandemic
• Letter of Financial Assistance to our Presbytery of SF Churches
• CARES Act Summary of Benefits-April 7th Webinar Notes
- There are Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) grants that have just been made available to help with the COVID 19 situation. For assistance with PDA grants, please contact Jennifer Sacramento Streett at
Information and grant form:
PMA President Takes Generous Action to Support COVID-19 Response
Matthew 25 Grants. For more information here.
COVID-19 Short/Long-Term COVID-19 Grant Request Form
- The Presbytery of SF offering bi-monthly Zooms for PSF pastors to connect. We are working on a schedule now, so stay tuned for more info.