PRESBYTERY OF SF: COVID-19 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
The Presbytery of San Francisco COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund will be used to provide emergency aid to eligible churches. This fund may not be applicable for cases in which long-term financial support is needed. This fund is intended to be used only for issues directly related to the COVID-19 virus. The maximum amount of disbursement shall be $10,000.
- Download Emergency Grant Guidelines & Application. For questions and to submit completed application, send to
- Benevolence aid guidelines and form — The Presbytery has established Benevolence Aid for churches to help assist those in their congregation who may need financial support—food needs, rental assistance, etc.
FEDERAL COVID-19 ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS CARES ACT
From PC(USA) General Counsel Mike Kirk: Jean Hemphill, a member of the Church Alliance and an advisor to the Board of Pensions, was asked to provide a resource to congregations and mid councils on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
- Church Alliance Resource
- April 7th CARES Act Webinar recording by Insurance Board
- SBA: COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- K&L Gates: Nonprofit FAQ CARES ACT Paycheck Protection Program
- Presbyterian Foundation/New Covenant Trust: CARES Act Guidance
- Church Law & Tax: An Overview of the CARES Act for Churches
PC(USA) COVID-19 ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Board of Pensions
- BOP Dues Relief and Deferment
- BOP COVID-19 resources
- BOP: Emergency assistance grants
- BOP: Resources to help find resilience in a volatile financial market
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance