Calvary Presbyterian Church in San Francisco is looking for a part-time Christian Educator for middle school and high school youth, grades 6th through 12th. In this position, the Christian Educator will work closely with the Associate Pastor for Community Formation (AP) to develop and implement programs and build relationships with the youth of our community.
On Sundays, they will welcome and greet youth and adult volunteers to worship, lead middle school and high school Sunday School programs with the help of volunteers, and occasionally help teach confirmation class. They will help plan and lead opportunities for service and fellowship beyond Sunday morning and help coordinate and lead a short-term summer mission trip.
This position is for 10 hours a week with an hourly rate of $35 per hour. There are no benefits offered except for sick leave. For the health and safety of our congregation and unvaccinated infants, we require proof of vaccination.
A partial list of responsibilities include:
- Presence and occasional leadership for Confirmation Class (held during the program year on Sundays from 9 – 9:45am).
- Worship with youth in the balcony during Sunday Service.
- Attend staff meetings on Tuesdays at 2:30pm.
- Attend and Lead youth service and fellowship opportunities.
- Organize and help plan the summer youth mission trip.
A partial list of required knowledge, skills & abilities, qualifications:
- Ability to lead and implement curriculum for youth.
- A basic understanding of reformed faith and theology.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn the planning software of the organization (Asana, Planning Center, Arena, Google Docs & Sheets, etc.)
- Energy, love, and compassion for young people.
For a full list of responsibilities and qualifications, please view the job description on the SF Calvary website.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emails with PDF attachments and covers letters will be considered.