Bethel Community Presbyterian Church is currently seeking qualified candidates for an administrative assistant position. This is a part-time position between 10-15 hours a week. Work is remote but requires occasional visits to the church. This is an hourly, non-exempt position; Pay range will begin at $25-35/hr and is commensurate with experience. The Administrative Assistant works under the direction of the Bethel Community session and the supervision of Senior Pastors to oversee various administrative tasks for the church, particularly in the realm of finances and communications. This position requires hands-on work in partnership with the pastoral team.
Required skills and experience (partial list):
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Business or office management experience
- Experience with Google Suite and Office Suite
- Experience with Squarespace, Mailchimp and Planning Center strongly preferred
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- Strong language and communication skills
Responsibilities (partial list):
- Handle confidential and sensitive information for the church
- Answer and return general church correspondence: mail, email, phone
- Help maintain/update church website
- Maintain church directory and member database
- Gather church mail and make bank deposits
- Collaborate with bookkeeper to process income, invoices and payroll
- Prepare and create year end documents: contribution letters, W-2s, 1099s, etc.
For a full job description, including a complete list of core competencies and responsibilities, please download this PDF.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Bethel Community Presbyterian Church 14235 Bancroft Ave San Leandro, CA 94578.
To apply for this position, Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com.